Friday, July 27, 2007

A Quick Message From Linda, Now in Gemena

Its me!!!! I am doing really well despite a gecko on my pillow when I got back to Gemena today. The sad thing is that they want geckos in the house to eat the spiders.

Let's see, how do I begin?

I got to to see a baby being born at Tandala with Cal in attendance. I had tea in a hut with a grandma and she taught me what real hospitality is.

It's been hard to communicate with Gordy. Please send this to the congregation and my sweetheart. Call him so he will open it. When I could call in Tandala it was night and we had to be careful because of snakes. All those who know me well know I am scared to death of snakes. So please pray I don't see any. If I do I will turn to dust.

I am back "home" now in Gemena. When I got to speak to the ladies, it was a moment I will never forget ... (I can't stay on too long because we have to share!)

There wasn't any electricity in Tandala acept at the hospital for operations. Please rally every one to continue to pray for us. The Kinshasa airport was surreal and potentially dangerous. BUT, God is watching out for us! We feel your prayer support.

We cannot do this in our own strength.There are a lot of ways we can get sick while here. Cal is doing wonderful, and so is Martin. They will have soooo much to share when we get home!

Our church body will benefit greatly from this experience. Our Pastor is learning a lot and we as a congregation will grow because of his teaching.

Both of my brothers(Cal and Martin) arrived in Tandala today and I was brought back here to Gemena. We have lots of opportunities to meet with the local women the next few days. Lots of opportunities to connect hearts to HIS.

Thank you, my church family, for your prayers ... you are with us in spirit! We miss you ........

Love,

Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home