Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another Post From Linda: Such a Different World!

What an amazing time this is! Such a different world. So many things I could be fearful of, and yet it HE is holding my hand every step of the way. He is my strength when I am weak.

I now know why Helen Eash warned me to tuck in my mosquito net so no animals could get in. I had a gecko sleeping on my bed when I came home to Gemena, after being several days at Tandala hospital. I got to wipe the sweat off the brow of a first time mom giving birth. I got to pray for her. I was there when her sweet baby boy took his first breath. I got to have tea with a dear sweet grandma in her hut. She has taught me what hospitality truly is.

I miss Gordy soooo much, I ache. BUT, that is a good thing. I am journaling as much as I can at the end of each day. HE is etching HIS message upon my heart. I am seeing HIS precious people of Congo, I have such and incredible love for them. I am a witness to what HE is doing to care for HIS children.

I am also witnesssing great need, that our FATHER in Heaven wants HIS children all over the world to know we need to help. We are to be HIS hands and feet. I see daily people whose clothes are literally rotting off of them. And yet my closet at home is full.

So much to share. I will when I get home! PLEASE continue to pray for us. So many ways we can get sick here, so many things to overwhelm us, BUT there are soooo many ways to show HIS love to those we come in contact.

I understand this is not about me. It is about being HIS light in this dark part of the world that is in sooooo much need.

I love you and I miss you and please share this message with others. I have to send this before they turn off the power again.

- Linda

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda,

Thank you for the update. I can't wait untill all of you come back here and share the stories to us.

We will continue to pray for you all.

Ko

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home