Sunday, June 14, 2009

Message From Mandaba & Rachel

The following is reprinted from a recent GlobalFingerprints newsletter:

globalfingerprints.org - Sponsor children left behind by tragedies such as AIDS

A TREASURE FOR LIFE

A few weeks ago, we had some missionaries visit us. We spent time in meetings, playing games, teaching, doing surgery and learning in seminars. During their time here in Congo, there was a graduation for the orphans and widows who have been trained for a couple months. Lots of people were invited to participate in this ceremony. It is pleasing the way Project Elikya has trained youth and adults to be useful in the church and society. I spoke to one orphan whose name is Tresor. He said to me, "I am so glad today because even though I am an orphan, I have one skill now that will help in my whole life." Not only Tresor, but there were also many widows like Mrs. Monganga and others who were so happy to graduate. We send our thanks to those who are contributing in many ways to this project. May God bless you and give you even more!

- Mandaba

FROM RACHEL

A few days ago, I received a letter from Bula-Bula-Tonda-Fenge Saint Paul, a GlobalFingerprints sponsored orphan. That is quite a name, isn't it? I remember meeting Paul last December, and being so impressed with this 15 year old boy. He was so joyful and full of hope. He told me that he wanted to become a doctor someday, and to help people just like Dr. Tom has helped so many people in Congo. (Dr. Tom worked for many years at Tandala Hospital, and has recently led many teams back to Congo.)

Here is an excerpt from Paul's letter, translated from Lingala:

"I am so happy to write this letter. My joy comes from the love that you all have for us, even though you are far away from us. For me, even though my Papa has died, I feel like I have a Papa again. And it is because people there are obeying God's Word in James 1:27. I want to tell you something--God is alive! And He gives us all that we need. I am here in Congo, and I will not stop praying for you all. Thank you so much for the shoes and uniforms. I am telling you this: I, Bula-Bula-Tonda-Fenge Saint Paul, this is what I say to those who are helping us: ‘Only God, the Maker of heaven and earth, will repay you. My family and I are praying for you.'"

He sounds like the Preacher St. Paul! I always wonder how someday God will use these kids for His purpose and glory. We truly are giving them hope and a chance for a future.

Currently, GlobalFingerprints is sponsoring 845 orphans! Through new donors, we begin in June to sponsor 20 orphans from Kinshasa, the capital of Congo. Until now, we have only sponsored children in the northwest corner of Congo. This will be a wonderful opportunity for the Free Churches in Kinshasa to care for these children and be a light in this city of over 9 million people.

Pray for the summer VBS "Shoe ME" project, that children here on the U.S. will respond to the needs of orphans in GlobalFingerprints. I will be in Congo for the summer. Please pray for me as I work with the GlobalFingerprints staff and visit many of our sponsored orphans. Thank you for your prayers and support. They are greatly appreciated!

What if? GlobalFingerprints is a ministry of EFCA TouchGlobal. Visit TouchGlobal at www.touchglobal.org for information on how lives are touched and hope is found, across the country, around the world, every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home